A New Adventure...

Well, I'm light years behind the times when it comes to all this new technology...but I've decided to give it a whirl and perhaps learn a few things along the way.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

LOL at MYSELF...

I was up early this morning feeding my fish and just doing some general work around my fish room and I decided to go online and try to learn some more about "technology" and how to Flickr or Tweet or something so I could just add photo's to this blog directly and I came across this direction..."tweet a photo from your Flickr FAQ" and I was dumbfounded. What?? Is this English...Might as well be Turn Left at Pluto...you have successfully navigated outerspace and are not about to enter CYBERSPACE where nothing will be familiar to you at all...you will stumble..you will mumble and most certainly you will curse viciously as you try to navigate through these sparkling waters. 

My first thought was OMG I just CANNOT do this...this is just completely, totally and utterly UN-doable...where did all this strange language and customs and weird crap come from...what kind of evil people thought up this kind of thing? Is it a plot to confuse the elderly even more? You know they used to just put us on ice floes and push us out into the water...now they have cyberspace and "technology" for the supposedly "average user" to be able to comprehend and use with ease. HAH!

Average? Is that like "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?"...the show where grown adults regularly humiliate themselves by not knowing what the "average" 5th grader knows. I've watched that show...and I'm not by any means unintelligent but I swear some of the questions were about subjects that I didn't even learn until Jr. College!  That's technology today...to me. I have to look into the compute screen and admit...I am not smarter than the "average user"...LOL at MYSELF... I am not even as smart as the average user...well...ummm...errrrr....actually I am quite disadvantaged compared to the "average user."

BUT...I am not a wimp. I will persevere. I will at least learn the simplest of things and once I have those down pat, I'll learn another thing or two and then maybe even a thing or three on the next go 'round. I realize I will never catch up to the latest or most ground breaking advances and the "smart phones" will always be smarter than me and that 99% of my computer errors are due to me pushing the wrong buttons (plus I don't think the computer likes it when I call it vile names and curse it's generations to come) I will not give up. I don't care if I have to hire a 5th grader...I'll pay him or her happily to explain some of these things to me...show me what buttons to push in what sequence until I "get it."  Let me write it down in the step 1...step 2...step 3  list style and tape it on the wall behind my computer screen... I don't care what it takes...I'm not getting left behind and out of cyber-space-speak without a fight...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment