A New Adventure...

Well, I'm light years behind the times when it comes to all this new technology...but I've decided to give it a whirl and perhaps learn a few things along the way.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

SNOW in the sunny south...

Me and the grandbaby and his parents are snowed in...in the Sandhills area of North Carolina! Wow...it's very freaky to have this much snow. I grew up in upstate New York between 2 of the Great Lakes...Erie and Ontario and we always had bone chilling cold "Lake Effect Snow" and I've driven in blizzards and freezing sleet, but down here EVERYTHING shuts down with the first little sprinkle and people panic and run to the stores before they shut down and clean the shelves of bread and milk. Being as I did grow up out in the country in upstate New York I'm always automatically ready for this kind of thing. We have the kerosene heater and plenty of kerosene in case the electric goes out. We have kitty litter behind the seat of the truck which has 4 wheel drive, and we have hot cocoa, plenty of coffee, tea, cookies and CHOCOLATE...all the basics for comfort...lol.



Well, this is an adventure for me...I'm so far behind in technology that "blogging," linking, and HTML code are like a foreign language to me...but I'm learning everyday. I've just made a huge cup of nice hot tea with lemon and so far (fingers crossed) I still have electricity so I'm content. Once I figure this thing out a little bit better I want to post pics of my other passion...my rare and beautiful fish. I admit it...I've become obsessed with the little darlings...it's gotten so bad that I'd much rather watch my tanks than shows on TV...pretty pitiful when you have hundreds of channels to choose from and you rather sit in front of your fish tanks and watch them for hours at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment