A New Adventure...

Well, I'm light years behind the times when it comes to all this new technology...but I've decided to give it a whirl and perhaps learn a few things along the way.

Monday, December 27, 2010

New Babies...

WOW! The guppies and the Endlers both dropped new babies...they are so tiny and cute. It amazes me every time that something so tiny can make it with all the other things in the tank that could eat them. Today was water changing day in all the tanks... always a messy operation no matter how careful I try to be something always gets wet that isn't supposed to be wet...lol.

Doing weekly water changes isn't one of my favorite things to do...but I love watching my tanks and seeing how everybody is doing...it just amazes me...like another whole world contained in a tank of water and plants. I'm trying to figure out how to post pics up on here at least of the parents...I have some good pics of them. I guess I need to get a digital camera and learn how to operate that too...LOL...another new piece of the technological puzzle I'm trying to figure out.  My grandson likes to "help" me do the water changes and feed the fish...it's really cool that he'd rather do that than park his butt in front of cartoons all day.

He also likes to go to the park with me and play on all the equiptment...it tires his lil behind right out he's 3...so he sleeps really well on the days we go out to the park. It's interesting to me that I have so much more patience with him than I did with my kids...you just have a whole different perspective on life and little people when you're older. I wonder why nature hooked it up that way...that biologically it's healthier for you to have kids when you're young...but mind-wise and patience wise it's so much better to deal with them when you're older and wiser.

You know...I think it might have been better in the "old days" when whole generations of families lived together...no day care for the little ones...they stayed home with Granny and Pappy...Mom and Daddy went to work or school and everybody came together for dinner every night. And Mom and Daddy got the wisdom and patience of the older generation and didn't panic when the baby coughed for the first time...lol.

Then again I can understand that a lot of people, myself included grew up in dysfunctional families and couldn't wait to get away from home and the drinking and arguments and just general unhealthy junk that was going on. It's just sad for me sometimes when I think about all the little ones in foster homes and all the young girls having all these babies with different baby daddy's and nobody paying child support or or more even more important...nobody imparting healthy work ethic and moral values to the little people.  HAVE to figure out how to put pics up in here so ya'll can see my grandbaby...he is just so adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment