A New Adventure...

Well, I'm light years behind the times when it comes to all this new technology...but I've decided to give it a whirl and perhaps learn a few things along the way.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

I don't understand why.....

WOW! What an adventure! My son and I were on our way to Walmart. Going 65 mph down a busy interstate and KA-BOOM...the passenger side front tire blew...it didn't just go flat...that sucker BLEW! The truck tried to flip over...not just once but twice...then it crazy fish tailed all over the rode before I finally got it over to the side of the road and stopped....THEN we found out we didn't have a jack...so my son calls a friend of his...and he brings a jack and wrench to get the lug nuts off...and THEN...

The spare tire which hasn't ever been used in years is dry rotted...lol.  At least we were all safe and sound and didn't get hit by the tons of cars whizzing by...and the jack held the truck up and didn't collapse on anybody...and we made it to the gas station and got the dry rotted tire to hold enough air to get us home. Tomorrow the truck is going to get a new front tire and we are going to get a new spare and a tool kit for behind the street to include a good flashlight with good batteries...and I think I'm going to throw a nice warm blanket back there too...it was cold waiting for help to arrive.

I'm just feeling so grateful that everybody is okay. I guess that's the secret to life...feeling blessed for what you do have...instead of resentful for what you don't have...or whining because something unexpected happens during a routine trip....and I am so grateful for all the wonderful things in my life

I mailed a box of fish to California from here in North Carolina...they arrived all alive and lively...and the best part is the buyer is so pleased with them and the couple of little extra goodies I tucked into the box.  That's the part I like the best...the people who buy my fish...being so pleased when they get them. I put a lot of time and effort into raising healthy fish and it's rewarding when the buyers find them pleasing. I like raising unique fish that you can't find at the local pet stores.

I'm waiting on some mail order fish...some really pretty guppy pairs and some red dalmation platys. I'm really excited about  the platys. I don't currently have any dalmation platys and the contrast with the red ones is so interesting. Each fish displays a unique patterning...it's so cool.

I am such a geek when it comes to my fish...lol.

I'm still making all natural soy based candles...they hold the scent all the way through the life of the candle and I like the ease of making them.

I've been eying up the stash of fabrics I have also...I can feel it coming on...It's Quilt Making Time...lol.

I've been perusing other quilters sites and looking at all the fabulous quilts they've made and I can't wait to get started quilting again. I go through dry spells with quilting...times when I'm bone dry on ideas and tapped out on energy to execute a whole quilt all by myself...then I'll see what somebody else has made and I get inspired all over again...and then about half way through the quilt...my attention and energy for the project starts to wane...so I'll go back and look at all the creative and wonderful quilts that other women and men are making or have already made...and I get re-inspired and full of energy and I find the time to finish up my own project.

It's funny...I don't compare my finished creations to anybody else's...wondering if mine is just as good. I used to do that with creative projects when I was younger. I never felt confident enough to just accept what I came up with...now I just make what I see in my head and when it's done I'm satisfied with it...pleased with the project  and pleased with myself for making it in the first place.

I love being old enough that I don't give a damn what other people think of my creativity or projects...if I'm happy with it...that's enough for me. It's truly liberating to be this age... I love it...I look better than I have in years... I feel better... and I'm full of life and ideas and projects and blessed with the energy to execute and complete them. 

2 comments:

  1. I like the look of this new background...it reminds me of looking out through an aquarium with water spots on the glass...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hitting the replay button on "Little Shrunken Sings The Blues"...it still tickles my funny bone and makes me laugh out loud...if the neighbors could hear me...they would think I've lost it over here.

    ReplyDelete