A New Adventure...

Well, I'm light years behind the times when it comes to all this new technology...but I've decided to give it a whirl and perhaps learn a few things along the way.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Labeotropheus fuelleborni

You don't know how much you miss all this new technology until it's gone for a few days...lol. My modem went out...and we've had 3 days of ice and snow here in North Carolina...never a good thing here...folks just aren't prepared for it. The schools and the post office and most everything comes to a screaming halt. They couldn't get my modem and my internet up and running again until today...bummer.

A big dead tree limb and I mean BIG fell into my front yard...thank God...the truck wasn't parked in that spot...it's partly out into the road...we have to move it tomorrow...now that's going to be fun...NOt...the thing is humungous! But fortunately it didn't hit the house or any vehicles or any of the neighbors property.

Then last night the twenty gal long tank decides to spring a leak...never a good thing and it was on the bottom corner so nothing to do but drain the tank and move the fish...good thing I'm prepared for these things and have enough equipment to change tanks out. So that was a lot of work and a bit of a mess last night getting everybody all settled into a new tank...but so far (fingers crossed) they all seem to be doing well. So now I have to re-seal that tank and I'm going to use the good stuff and then have to wait for it to cure before I can set it back up again...lol...the trials and tribulations of an aquarist.

I have GOT to get a good digital camera or at least a decent cell phone with a good resolution camera on it so I can take pics of the freak snowstorms...this is the second one this year. I've also been looking at laptops...narrowed it down to 2... a hewlet packard and a toshiba...I like the keyboard on the HP better but the Toshiba has a bigger screen and a web cam so I can see and talk to my grandbaby. They aren't staying with me anymore... I miss him something fierce!! He's crying on the phone...so pitiful...wants to come back to Granny's house... I would like nothing better for him to be back here but I understand his parents have to be independent and have their own place and their own lives. He is coming to spend the night with me in the next couple of weeks though...already planning on the hot cocoa and homemade cookies he's going to help me make. He asked me if I got any new fishies I need help feeding... he knows his Granny and her fish obsession...LOL

I'm not much of a TV person so the internet is my new thing especially since I've learned a little bit about posting pics and blogging...so when the internet was down for almost a week I thought I was going to go stir crazy with boredom. I started a new granny square afghan for the living room with a really pretty color combination...guess I'm just one of those people that have to keep busy doing something besides sitting on my butt watching mindless TV shows that don't even have any real entertainment value...give me Animal Planet or The History Channel any day of the week and I still have to be doing something with my hands while I'm sitting and listening to it...must be my ADHD kicking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment