A New Adventure...

Well, I'm light years behind the times when it comes to all this new technology...but I've decided to give it a whirl and perhaps learn a few things along the way.

Monday, January 17, 2011

spadetail swordtail guppies

So it's 4:22 am and I'm wide awake...all those years of working 3rd shift I guess but it does make it easier to check on the fish room and get some little things done. I've discovered the most amazing hot toddy. It is a regular orange pekoe tea bag, one shot of Grand Marnier and one shot of Amaretto di Amore. You add the liquor to the hot tea and I swear you can't even taste the liquor at all. It just tastes like a really nice fruity hot tea. Nice pjs...warm fuzzy slippers and my long comfy fluffy pink robe and it can't get much more comforting than this.

I'm having a creative art attack...painting shells with aquarium safe paint and using aquarium sealant to build interesting structures for the fish to roam in and out of and using contrasting colors so the colors of the fish really stand out. I just love what I'm doing these days...so much better than working for somebody else. I can't be fired...they aren't going to come in and announce the plant is closing...and I can give myself a raise whenever I want to and of course my performance reviews are wonderful...lol. My customers have all been happy so far (knock wood) but then I DO go out of my way to give them not only what they paid for...no misrepresentation...but I also include extra freebie goodies and I ship out the very day that they pay.

That's one thing I've always believed in...old fashioned values and good customer service...it only makes sense...without happy customers you won't be in business very long or be able to grow your business without a good reputation. I've never been able to just sit still for very long...I believe I took my Yankee work ethic with me when I moved to the South 24 years ago...that and my mind is never still...I'm always thinking up the next thing I want to try even when I'm in the midst of a current project. I'm beginning to believe that "controlled" ADHD is not such a bad thing to have after all...and I've come to feel a bit sorry for the folks that can only do one thing at a time or think about one thing at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment