A New Adventure...

Well, I'm light years behind the times when it comes to all this new technology...but I've decided to give it a whirl and perhaps learn a few things along the way.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

very fancy platy checking hiimself out

This fancy platy reminds me of myself these last couple of days...lol.
I got my hair cut yesterday...bought new frames for my glasses...made an appointment for the eye doctor to get contacts...I wore them constantly when I was young and vain and wouldn't be caught dead in glasses...but now I want them so I don't have to worry with bifocal glasses all the time...oh the joys of getting older...actually it's not that bad...I don't worry about clicks and groups and who likes whom or any of that mess and I'm not worrying about dating or not having a date on a Friday or Saturday night. I'm actually just content with my own company and my own projects.

This fancy platy is just one of a whole breeding group I'm playing with...they throw some of the most interesting colors...nothing at all like you'd find in nature.

So anyway I feel kind of like this platy...I keep checking myself out in the mirror and looking this way and that...side to side and using a hand held mirror to check the back...my hair is just so different but I feel so much younger and prettier and I've had so many compliments even from strangers in stores so I must have done something right...lol. I had it cut in a classic bob...shorter in the back and tapering down to just below chin length in the front and I had some blond streak highlights added...not a lot...just a few all around. My hair used to be down to the middle of my back and I wore it up most of the time or in a long side braid in front...I used to tell my son I was going to see how long it would actually grow before I died...but then I got sick of the whole mess this year...whole new year..new business ventures...new look for me. Now I'm about to tackle the wardrobe...I've never been a clothes horse or a fancy jewelry person...but I'm going to toss away or give to goodwill anything I don't really like or haven't worn in a month or so and the cheap flat shoes are going for sure...I haven't worn a single pair of them for over 2 years. Now I'm just going to buy classic things that I like and look good in... I may not have as many clothes but I know I will wear what I do have and I won't look tacky just because I grabbed the first old ratty thing I found in the closet.

1 comment:

  1. I want this fish!!!! Please tell me you are selling them or plan on it soon!!!! My email is zzollars105@gmail.com please contact me I really like your fish. I am not always this crazy lol.

    ReplyDelete